FAQ's and other information
ABOUT THE COUNTRY
1. What is the best time to visit Switzerland? The best time to visit Switzerland is during summer months between April &July & August to October.
2. Is English spoken in Croatia? The four national languages of Switzerland are German, French, Italian and Romansh. English is widely spoken in Switzerland.
3. What currency is used in Switzerland? The Swiss franc (CHF) is the only official currency in Switzerland. The Franc is the only currency accepted everywhere. The Euro is the currency in the neighbouring countries Germany, France, Italy and Austria, and in many other European countries.
4. Are credit and debit cards accepted in Switzerland? Most credit and debit cards are accepted.
5. Is an adapter required? In Switzerland the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. You can use your electric appliances in Switzerland, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220 – 240 V. A European adaptor is required.
6. Do I need travel insurance? Travel insurance is generally recommended.
7. What things are recommended to carry to Switzerland? It is highly recommended to visitors to pack a sweater, good walking shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, a compact umbrella and/or a light rain coat. FAQS:
Some delicacies to try?
8. What are the must try delicacies in Switzerland? Switzerland is known for chocolates and cheese. Some popular dishes eaten in Switzerland are cheese fondue; bűndnernusstorte is a caramelised nut-filled pastry; zopf which is a plaited loaf; alplermagronen is made by layering cooked potatoes and macaroni with cream and cheese, baking it in the oven.
9. Is tipping mandatory in Switzerland? Tips are included in the price and hence tipping isn’t mandatory on Switzerland. FAQS:
10. What are the adventure sports in Switzerland ? The adventure sports in Switzerland are hang gliding, Para gliding, skiing, sky diving, rafting, cannoning, bungee jumping.
DOS & DONTS DOS
1. Do try the fondues. 2. Do visit churches as they are beautiful.
3. Do indulge in chocolate.
4. Do dress modestly and neatly.
1. Don’t speak loudly in public, especially while on a call. 2. Don’t address people by their first name.
3. Don’t ask personal questions.
4. Don’t go hiking unless you are fit.